About Me

My Photo
Molly Stroud
I am a 34 year old wife to Joel and mom to four sweet kids. Anna-13, Julia-11, Olivia-9, and Will-7. I lived a fairy tale life until the summer of 2008. My health came crashing down around me, and for the next three years I endured mountains of complications due to a hysterectomy. I've lost my sanity and am now a diagnosed manic depressive.. aka "Bipolar". I hope in sharing my experiences that I may encourage others not to lose hope... and to remind them that sanity is overrated.
View my complete profile
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
The Lord works in mysterious ways!
Many of you may already know that I was in Haiti when the earthquake struck on January 13. I went as part of a medical mission team. Joel and I both went last year, and it was a wonderful experience. He didn't go with me this year, but I was accompanied by three other members of my church: Jim Myshka, Jean Greene, and Dale Gupton. I have known Jean and Dale most of my life, and had not gotten to know Jim very well before this trip. Our plan was to have four days of medical clinics at local villages, and three days of handing out food and clothing. I have learned that our plans mean absolutely NOTHING! God's sovereign plan is mysterious and wonderful, even in the midst of heartbreak.
I will be starting my story from the very beginning and will take you all the way to our miraculous homecoming. I have to write in small sections because the wounds are fresh, and I am praying for God to bring every detail of His work to my mind. I pray as you follow along that God does a work in your own heart, for I am writing this to give Him ALL the glory!
I will be adding pictures as I go, and just to warn you, some are difficult to look at. This is not meant to scare or offend anyone. It's just to let you catch a glimse of what we all endured.
May God bless this story



0 comments: